Invest:MaN will take you to survey the appraised value of land in Bangkok.
The rising population combined with the growing economy, in contrast to land which is a limited resource. Demand for land for residential and commercial purposes are surging, therefore, land prices tend to increase over time.
Let’s get to know the area in Bangkok metropolitan with high appraisal value.
The land appraisal value that the Treasury Department has summarized according to the accounting year 2016-2019, is a general overview of the land price categorized by road. Note that they are not the prices per actual land plots which are traded in the transaction market. Those who wish to know the exact price of a particular land plot can check with related official authorities; the Land Department or the Property Valuation Office by the Treasury Department.
According to the Treasury Department’s website, Land appraisal values in Bangkok are divided into 17 areas, we rank the top 10 most expensive lands by area as follows (price per square wa).
- Silom Road, the estimated price is 700,000 – 1,000,000 baht.
- Ploenchit Road 900,000 baht
- Rajdamri Road 750,000 – 900,000 baht
- Rama I Road 400,000 – 900,000 baht
- Wireless Road 500,000 – 750,000 baht
- Sathorn Road 450,000 – 750,000 baht
- Yaowarat Road 700,000 baht
- Thaniya Road, Patpong Road and Patpong 2 Road 600,000 baht
- Narathiwat Ratchanakarin Road 280,000 – 600,000 baht
- Ratchawong Road, Sampeng Road, Soi Silom 5, Soi Silom 6 and Soi Silom 8 550,000 baht.
In addition to the above list, other areas with relatively high appraised land value worth taking notes of includes,
- Sukhumvit Road 210,000 – 650,000 baht
- Asok Montri Road and Thonglor Road (Sukhumvit 55) 550,000 baht
- Ratchadaphisek Road 350,000 – 450,000 baht
- Phayathai Road 400,000 baht
- Phahonyothin Road 300,000 – 400,000 baht
- Petchaburi Road 220,000 – 400,000 baht
- Ratchaprarop Road 300,000 – 350,000 baht
Land for agriculture continues to command the lowest appraised value compared to other types of land. The cheapest land for agriculture is located in Bang Khun Thian area, the appraisal value is at 500 – 10,000 baht per square wa.
Credit to news and information sources: