The area is being closely watched by real estate developers. Minburi Station is not just a train intersection for the Eastern Orange Line (Cultural Center – Min Buri) and the Pink Line (Khae Rai – Min Buri), but it is considered to be a new economic district of eastern Bangkok. Transportations into the city center is extremely quick and convenient.
When the Bureau of Land Planning and Development Reshape the City of Minburi
According to the 4th update of the adjusted land use benefits of the city plan, Minburi will be a sub-center or suburban community where we can expect to see a lot of high-rise projects in the area where business will be conducted in the next 10 years.
The color zone plan according to the city plan will be adjusted in order to support the idea of gentrifying the area around the station. It is expected to elevate the Minburi area to be equivalent to the city center such as the Silom-Sathorn area.
Development news is gathering pace with various potential projects being earmarks such as mixed-use, including shopping centers, hotels, condominiums, office buildings, high rise buildings. Most recently, The Mall Group discussed with Bangkok regarding the acquisition of a large plot of land with over 100,000 square meters, which is subject to be developed into a shopping center. The new department store would become a magnet which would attract more developments in the area. Eventually, the color zone will change from yellow areas for less dense housing to orange areas for medium density housing and finally to the red area, which represents the commercial district by the year 2024.
Source : Thansetthakij
Original City Plan Year 2019
When looking at the current Minburi city plan, it is found that the region is divided into two sides. On Ramkhamhaeng Road side on the left with Minburi old market, Saen Saep Canal, consists of 2 color zones:
1.Red, commercial land, FAR value 6 : 1
Designated to be land types Por. 1 to Por. 5
- Land type Por 1 to be used as a commercial center of the community where businesses are conducted as well as a commuting center to facilitate the daily living of the people who live in the suburbs.
- Land type Por 2 to be used as a suburban community center to promote its centrality ofbusiness, trade, services and recreation to create a balance between housing and work for people living in the suburbs.
- Land type Por. 3 to be used as a commercial center of the city to support business activities, trade, service and recreation services to the general public.
- Land type Por. 4 for use as a secondary commercial center to promote centrality in service business and recreation in the area surrounding the service area of the mass transit system.
- Land type Por. 5 for use as the main commercial center to promote centralityin the business of recreation and tourism services in Southeast Asia.
2. Blue, categorized as land reserved for governmental use such as public institutions and facilities, is determined to be land of the type of Sor.
- to be a government institution and the operation of state affairs in connection with public utilities; or commonwealth
- The right side of Ramkhamhaeng Road consists of 3 color zones.
3.Orange, medium-density residential land, FAR value 4.5 : 1
Designated as land types Yor. 5 to Yor. 7.
- Land type Yor 5 to support the expansion of living in the area contiguous with the inner city
- Land type Yor 6 to support living in the area contiguous with the inner city area in the centersuburban community, industrial area and industrial estates
- Land type Yor 7 to support living in the area contiguous with the inner city area which is in the service area of the mass transit system.
4.Yellow, low-density residential land, FAR value 1.5 : 1
Designated as land type Y. 1 to Y. 4 – Land type Y. 1 to promote the environment of living in the suburbs.
- Land type Yor 2 to support expansion of living with a good environment in suburban areas – Land type Y. 3 to maintain a good living environment in the suburbs.
- Land type Yor 4 to maintain a good living environment in the suburbs where in the service area of the mass transit system
5.Red, see above.
Source : สำนักผังเมือง กรุงเทพฯ